Anu Furniture Quality Guarantee
Anu Furniture Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
1.In this document:
- ACL means the Australian Consumer Law.
- As Is means a Product sold in the displayed state, including any defects which have been brought to your attention.
- Guarantee Period means the period described in your Tax Invoice that we warrant a Product will remain free of defects.
- Manufacturer's Guarantee means a guarantee given by the manufacturer of a Product.
- Online Exclusive Goods means Products described as “Online Exclusive” on the Website
- Priced means the price paid for a Product as described in your Tax Invoice.
- Product means a product sold by Amart Furniture to You directly as a consumer.
- Quality Guarantee means this warranty against defects for Products sold to You by Us.
- Tax Invoice means the tax invoice produced for the purchase of Products
- You means the person to whom a Product has been sold or supplied by Us.
- Website means www.anufurnitures.com.
2. Expressions defined in this document have the same meaning when used in your Tax Invoice.
3. This Quality Guarantee is in addition to all of the rights you have under the ACL or any Manufacturer's Guarantee Our Quality Guarantee and remedies under document are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have under the ACL.
4. Anu Furniture warrants that all Products (or components of Products as the case may be) will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the relevant Guarantee Period.
5. he Guarantee Period commences from the date of your Tax Invoice. If a Product is replaced under this Quality Guarantee, the Guarantee Period for that replacement Product expires on the same date as the Guarantee Period for the original Product
Scope of Quality Guarantee
6. Unless excluded under clause 14, this Quality Guarantee covers all parts and materials of the Product found to be defective in manufacturing or materials during the applicable Guarantee Period.
7. To be entitled to claim, the defect in the part or product must appear within the Guarantee Period.
8. The remedies offered under this Quality Guarantee are available only to the original purchaser (or beneficiary) of a Product and are not transferrable.
9. You must advise us within a reasonable period after a defect is identified as failure to do so may adversely affect your rights to a remedy under the Quality Guarantee, particularly when your failure to advise us causes additional loss or damage or defects in the Product.
10. Where a Serious Defect in the Product occurs within:
- the first 12 months of a Guarantee Period for Products Priced at $500 or less: or
- the first 18 months for Products Priced between $500 to $1,500; or
- the first 24 months for Products Priced between $1,500 to $3,000; or
- 36 months for Products Priced over $3,000,
We will at your option, repair the Product, replace the Product or provide a full refund.
Note: We generally do not offer exchanges or repairs of Online Exclusive Goods under this Quality Guarantee.
11. Where a defect in the Product is identified within the Guarantee Period which:
- does not constitute a Serious Defect; or
- is a Serious Defect which is reported after the applicable Guarantee Period described in clause 10, we will at our option, replace the Product, repair the Product or provide you with a full refund.
12. A Serious Defect occurs when:
- the defect (or defects) are no less than what is considered a major failure under the ACL;
- the Product is significantly different to any description, sample or model; or
- the Product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied within a reasonable time; or
- the Product is unsafe.
13. Scuff marks, compression (not failure) and change of shape of cushions, fabric pilling, loose or fraying stitching, tears to dust covers & small tears generally will not constitute a Serious Defect under this Quality Guarantee.
14. What constitutes a Serious Defect under this Quality Guarantee will be determined by Us in our absolute discretion. When doing so we may rely on the advice of independent contractors. However, our determination does not affect your rights under the ACL.
15. Subject always to the ACL, our liability under this Quality Guarantee does not extend to:
- damage, failure, fading, or deterioration (of the whole of the Product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear; or
- damage caused by improper cleaning or use of improper cleaning products; or
- damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, or bodily fluids; or
- replacement of coverings due to excessive, irregular or improper use; or
- damage (including corrosion) caused by excessive or irregular use, neglect, abuse, assembly, placement, storage care or maintenance. including damage caused by failing to follow any care instructions available on our Website; or
- damage caused when the Product has been used in commercial environments or in a manner or for a purpose which is greater than, or exceptional to normal domestic residential use; or
- breakage or damage to glass tabletops or mirrors; or
- damage caused by Acts of God; or
- defects in Products sold "As Is" which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.
16. Notwithstanding any other wording on your Tax Invoice, the applicable Guarantee Period for Products sold "As Is" under this Quality Guarantee are:
- for those sold for less than $250, a period of 3 months.
- for those sold between $250 and $500, a period of 6 months.
- for those sold between $500 and $1,500, a period of 1 year.
- for those sold over $1,500, a period of 2 years.
How to claim:
17. To make a claim under this Quality Guarantee, simply follow these steps
- Locate your receipt (or other proof of purchase reasonably acceptable to Us) which proves the date on which you purchased the Product.
- For Orthokinetic claims please download the Orthokinetic mattress guarantee form by clicking here or the button below.
- For Upholstery and Dream Elegance Mattress claims please visit the Website or click the button below and follow the prompts to submit a claim. If you are having trouble submitting your claim you can contact our Customer Care Team on 1800 791 390 or contact us at email@example.com.